This appetizer is ridiculously easy to make! And, it’s a great way to get your family to eat their broccoli.
If you want to make it in advance, you can shape the balls, freeze them on a cookie sheet and then pack them into a plastic bag. Or, you can bake them and then freeze them.
Baked Broccoli Cheese Balls
Based on the recipe at The Cooking Foodie
1 head broccoli
1 cup (110g) cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup (80g) breadcrumbs
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Finely chop broccoli florets, transfer into a large bowl. (Or, chop them in your food processor and add all the other ingredients in the recipe to it.)
3. Add shredded cheddar, breadcrumbs, oregano, salt, pepper, chopped onion, garlic, chopped parsley, eggs and olive oil. Mix until well combined.
4. Shape into balls, place on the baking tray.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (Or, you can fry them if you prefer.)
6. Serve with any dipping sauce such as aioli sauce or salad dressing.