Here’s a pancake recipe that’s truly decedent. Sometimes it’s hard to put into words how utterly fabulous something is, you just have to trust me when I say this is AMAZING!
Cream cheese gives this pancake batter a rich flavor and the Nutella and strawberry’s pull the whole thing together to make an unforgettable breakfast!
- (for the Pancakes)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups milk
(for the Strawberry Syrup)
- 3 cups strawberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
Nutella for the filling
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, set the mixture to the side.
- Using a blender or hand mixer, blend milk, cream cheese and vanilla together. Combine with the flour mixture and add the rest of the pancake ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients for the Strawberry Syrup in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent scorching on the bottom.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
Cook and top the pancakes
- Pour ¼ cup pancake batter onto a buttered griddle, cook until bubbles start to appear around the edges then flip to cook the other side.
- Smear the top of the pancake with Nutella and cover with more pancake batter, flip the pancake once more and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Remove from pan and drizzle with fresh strawberry syrup.